Affiliate income is is always a difficult situation for a new blogger.Though affiliate marketing can generates money even if you have a small amount of visitor let say 100 per day , yet to a get a decent earning and constant earning a huge amount you need a huge amount of visitors.Reason 100 visitors per day is not enough to generate regular income.Moreover affiliate marketing best work with search visitors rather than social media visitors.Very clearly it should be keep in mind that affiliate income not only depends on the only search traffic and not even required a huge traffic like ads.For decent advertisement earning from adsence or medianet it required most of search engine visitors and a decent amount of traffic let say 5000 per day or more. But on the other hand affiliate income can be generated on even 200 page views per day.Its simple depends what u are selling and type of visitors who is visiting your websites.
Commonly affiliated marketing depends on the 4 parameters
Like other online income affiliated marketing is always depends upon the traffic.If the traffic is less then be sure no product sale.Every people are not interested to buy the products which you have listed for sale in your website.Though that’s very difficult to say the actual conversion rate for affiliate yet can say 1 -2 % can expected.That does not mean if your blog received 100 visitor per day means 1 sale guaranteed.The calculation of conversion rate valid if you consider atleast 2000 visitors.At-least 200 to 500 page views are required to get a basic and minimize income from affiliated.
- Selling platform brand value:
That’s keep a major difference.If you are trying to sell a new e commerce site product then there should be a less chance to user click that link and purchase as that site is new.For online selling the most important things is brand value,where buyers can at least trust the site.Reason they need to pay the first then they will get the product(except the cash on delivery method and seen only 50% product have option for cash on delivery if buyers from rural area).That’s why for a physical product and digital product a old site work better.Amazon take at-least 5 years to generate a great amount of sales online.On the other hand if you are selling affiliate products then it can convert better as the referred site is known to other though your website is new.
- What you are selling:
Another important parameter is what you are selling.I have make that mistake earlier in the first stage of my affiliate income.
Approximately 4 years ago i choose a product industrial paper shredder for selling for my niche paper shredder blog but product I choose the biggest one a machine with 3000 dollar or more.I thought I am a smartest person who will sale a product and get 300 dollar on each sale.I was getting good amount of traffic but no conversion.Later I realized the product I choose that never purchased by a common people or even not a company a they like to purchase those machine from their regular vendor.So try to choose the product which are less in cost and feasible to buy online.Any product with any cost will not sold.The selection on product keep a vital role for conversion.
- Product you choose:
It might be look like the last point but here I mean to say about the category.The category is very important to attract user.If your blog is on baby products then you can sell these baby products.Other wise try to choose product which are regular in use like garments,coat/jacket,furniture,show piece,painting etc.Try to avoid books as lot of ebooks are I market and most of them are free.
Now question is how can I start and what will be the procedure.The next step is apply for the affiliate account on amazon or other and then you can add those.But before adding try to keep in mind the following points.
1. Keyword research: Content based on the keywords will give extra energy and chance to sell your product so try to research the keyword first.Only work for the search engine traffic.If that traffic is from search engine it means the keyword and long trail keyword you hit with your website which good for your further sales.If you want to use your content to pull traffic from the search engines, then you’ll need to do your keyword research. This is best achievable when you use keyword tool, which aids in preparing articles that are rich in keywords.For keyword research you can choose semrush or kwfinder.
2. Social Marketing: Beside the search traffic you can give importance to the social media marketing as like ads no need to think about mass it only depends
on quality and reality of traffic.If traffic to your site are real human and 90% of then are new visitors then you can expect for a sale.Another goog idea is to advertise and promote your affiliate link with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and more social networking sites. Tell them why they should buy that product and why everyone should know about it.
3. Relation between Audience and Product: Again remembering you the people who will purchase they should be real not the robot.So try to create a content which generate interest for the users then a huge chance they will come back again and again on your blog or website and your website get a good brand value in front of them.You need to understand whether your readers visit your blog after buying products or they take a decision to buy after visiting your blog. You need to create content especially for visitors who are still deciding to buy products you are going to promote. Make a healthy relationship.
4. Placing your ad for other’s pages: An important point. It is not possible for you to add your links into someone else’s website, still you can promote your affiliate links by optimizing them to simple ad units that are easy to be targeted to limited space available.On Some site you can take the benefit of these.These are called web 2.0 like hubpages,blogspot,wordpress etc.
5. Videos on product: You can also create videos and upload them on YouTube and other Social Media sites to attract more viewers to your blog to increase sale.Also you have an option to add the link of the affiliate product page from your video description section.You can alos create a video explaining WordPress blog installation and what it looks like when it’s all finished. That for web hosting affiliate program which works best.This will also maximize your affiliate earnings. You can boost traffic to your site with those videos.As a bonus you will get the back links from youtube in your site.But do not try to make product only on amazon products otherwise your channel will be deleted by youtube.In my case that happens.
6. Take Advantage Of Holidays and Vacations: Best work in 25 Dec to 1 st January.More elaborately month of December and January in whole world. Though it some time depends in which country you are in or your 90% visitors are from which country.Like in India it will be better on holi and diwali. In some Eastern country tiem of eid will work better.People will enjoy their holidays but at the same time they will usually shop more in holidays and special days like festivals. So choose one of the best products that people will buy on that special occasion.
7. Choose right product at right time: Always remember that people will always seek for a right product. Not all products can be sold easily, so you have to know the trends. See what is more demanding product on the web. You can use Google Trends for that.
For example: ebooks, health products are sold less but fashion related and technology related products are sold maximum now these days.These trends change time to time.
8. Promote products of high value: Promoting products with high values will guarantee you an income and will promote your earning potentials in lesser time. Products of high values are the ones that will have regular customers, and this will also fetch you an income and will spread the network as earnings from your direct sales.
9. Avoid using direct affiliate links in products: If the affiliate program ever ends or the product gets taken off the market, then you won’t have hundreds of dead links floating around in free reports and articles.These affiliate links are useless and very difficult to change.I have seen lot of youtube videos affiliate links(which one shared in the description box) are dead links and video blogger forget to change those.Because all you have to do is change the redirect link from the old affiliate product to a similar affiliate product.
10. Write an effective Blog post: Publish articles which compares various products in your post and its features. This kind of article really helps the visitors to understand more about the products and to quickly take a buying decision. Learn the secrets of effective blog post writing.
11. Extra Gifts: Always remember that complementary gifts increase your customers. Many people buy products just because of free gifts with them. So try to keep in mind that complementary gifts are always beneficial.That;s why free ebook for increase sale,generate traffic or gift card works best with so many sites.
12. Blanket your post with content: You should keep your niche site or post by blanketing it with proper and useful contents.A useful products works great if it comes with reasonable price.